The Washington, D.C., area was once again named the #1 area for traffic in the country — that’s #1 worst area, according to the Texas Transportation Institute’s 2012 Urban Mobility Report.
How does it slow thee? Let us count the ways:
D.C. is number one in…
- Delay Per Auto Commuter (67 hours/yr)
- Increase in average annual delay 1982 – 2012 (49 hours)
- Congestion Cost per Auto Commuter ($1,398/yr)
- Excess Fuel Wasted per Auto Commuter (32 gallons/yr)
- Least reliable travel freeway times
- Pounds of CO2 Per Auto Commuter (631)
But don’t despair. We’re ranked second in “Delay per non-peak traveler,” third for “Commuter Stress Index, and a distant fourth for “Total Travel Delay” and “Total Congestion Cost.”
Click here to read the full Texas Transportation Institute Report.