Yesterday, NAR Research held a Twitter chat on the home search process for recent buyers. The turnout was quite large, and we were able to interact with many of you who had significant insights into this process. There were too many responses to include them all, but the recap of the major highlights is below. Thank you to all who participated!
- @nobuhata @NAR_Research How do all these stats compare to 5yrs ago? #HBSHomeSearch
- @NAR_Research Buyers under 45 years of age and first-time buyers are more likely than older and repeat buyers to use the internet to search #HBSHomeSearch
- @nobuhata @PhilJawny @C21ActionPlus Skewed younger, GenX/Y, rapid rise in boomers. What’s more interesting is what/how they search.#HBSHomeSearch
- @nobuhata @PhilJawny @C21ActionPlus Video is increasingly be used, local terms huge. #HBSHomeSearch
- @nobuhata @TopCommunities Breakdowns have been steady throughout the years, here’s the report: http://realtor.org/reports/digital-house-hunt …
- @RAHomes Good to know! RT @NAR_Research: The typical home buyer searched for 12 weeks and viewed 10 homes #HBSHomeSearch
- @nobuhata @C21ActionPlus Problem with my clients was buy/sell process narrative stopped. Opp for agents to keep convo going on social #HBSHomeSearch
(2:21pm EST) @NAR_Research Real estate consumers who use the internet while researching a home are more likely to use multiple sources. #HBSHomeSearch
- @C21ActionPlus @NAR_Research Which are the top platforms?
- @Jmadams03 @NAR_Research a good agent should give an solid overview of the process, review (in detail) ALL paperwork, answer any questions. #fiduciary
- @nobuhata Agent opportunity! RT @NAR_Research: 4 in 10 buyers reported paperwork, understanding process/steps of home buying difficult#HBSHomeSearch
- @nobuhata @FUNomenalMe NAR Twitterchat.
- @NAR_Research @FUNomenalMe We’re doing a Twitter chat right now on the #HBSHomeSearch. Just follow the tag to participate!
- @nobuhata Augment your brand via video. RT @NAR_Research: Finding an agent/agent related searches on YouTube grew 46% year-over-year. #HBSHomeSearch
- @nobuhata Fav new vid tool = http://conditionone.com RT @NAR_Research: Finding an agent/agent related searches on YouTube grew.#HBSHomeSearch
(2:33pm EST) @NAR_Research Please check out http://www.realtor.org/topics/profile-of-home-buyers-and-sellers … and http://www.realtor.org/reports/digital-house-hunt … for more information on the search process. #HBSHomeSearch